Monday, April 25, 2016

Start Asking

Infertility. Scary word right? I never would have thought that I would be associated with it. Of course, it crossed my mind but I never thought to ask questions. Instead, I lived in silence and in a mind full of unanswered "what if's?" 


This week is National Infertility Awareness Week...a couple of years ago, I would have not known of such a thing, had I not started asking. We would not have found out that we were part of the 30% of couples struggling with Male Factor Infertility.

 Oddly enough, this year's theme is to do just that...START ASKING. 
But, why was I doing this to myself? Why was I living in a world full of unknowns?

Because I was ashamed. I was embarrassed. I was scared. I felt alone. I felt resentment. I felt jealousy. I was angry. I was uninformed...

I never in a million years thought I would be on the internet talking about our infertility journey...but something in me told me I needed to share our story. I needed to let go of the embarrassment and reach out to couples who may not know the REAL world of infertility....


If I can help at least one woman break free from the unbearable pain of living in silence and the unknown...I will feel like I have done my job. God brought me onto this platform and journey for a reason...and I can now proudly accept it. No, it doesn't take the pain away, it doesn't make the road easier, and it doesn't make it pretty...but knowing that I am not alone, knowing that there is more and more awareness out there...is all worth it. 

So, with that said...I challenge you to break free, to talk and to START ASKING! Ask about medical treatments, ask for support, ask about costs, ask for help...just ask! 



"Let your faith be bigger than your fear."

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are sharing and bringing awareness. You are not alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was married at 32 and immediately tried to get pregnant. When I was unable to conceive I had blood tests for fertility and was told that I had an FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) of 54 and would not be able to have children. Even though the doctors knew that I had been diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis since age 25, no one bothered to check my thyroid levels. my TSH was measured at .001. My Synthroid dosage was lowered. a friend advise me to contact a spiritualist who help with fertility with his medicine, i collected his contact and explain my situation to him he prepared for me a herbal medicine which i took as describe by him. became pregnant very quickly, I had a successful pregnancy. I have my baby august 2017. to get pregnant at age 35 with my 2nd child in september 2019, thank you sir , this is his email contact if you require his help babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete